Amy Winehouse Died of Alcohol Poisoning

Second Inquest Confirms Amy Winehouse Died of Alcohol Poisoning ". . . . Ms. Radcliffe said Ms. Winehouse “died of alcohol toxicity” and recorded a verdict of death by misadventure. She said the singer “voluntarily consumed alcohol — a deliberate act that took an unexpected turn and led to her death.” Ms. Winehouse was a critically acclaimed singer who won multiple Grammy Awards for her 2006 retro-soul album “Back to Black.” She was found dead in her London home on July 23, 2011, with empty vodka bottles scattered around her body. She had long suffered from alcoholism and drug addiction. The coroner said Ms. Winehouse’s blood had five times the legal limit for alcohol for driving in Britain, a lethal level of 0.4 percent. A pathologist testified during the 45-minute hearing at St. Pancras Coroner’s Court that such a high concentration would cause respiratory arrest. Christina Romete, a doctor who had treated Ms. Winehouse for addiction, said she had given up illegal drugs like heroin, crack cocaine and marijuana, but had struggled to stop drinking. Dr. Romete said Ms. Winehouse had begun drinking a few days before her death after two weeks of avoiding alcohol. “She said she started drinking again because she felt bored,” Dr. Romete said."

more addiction and alcoholism news below

alcoholism - Google News

drug addiction - Google News

addiction recovery - Google News